Closing date: 17 Sep 2019
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
Our client is a division of the Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions (OROLSI) in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO). Our client is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly (RES/68/72) to ensure an effective, proactive and coordinated response to the problem posed by a wide range of explosive hazards. Legislative mandates also recognize our client's technical expertise in responding to threats posed by unsecured and unsafe conventional weapons and ammunition stockpiles. As an office within DPKO, our client supports peacekeeping and special political missions in accordance with Security Council mandates.
As a component of the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS),the client provides explosive hazard management capacities, including mitigation, to AMISOM as part of a logistical support package. Non-lethal tactical advice and analysis is delivered by the client's technical advisors located in each AMISOM Sector Headquarters and at AMISOM Force Headquarters, who support AMISOM planning and operations. Our client's support includes both enabling (“operate in spite of IEDs”) and response (“defeat the device”). As a component of the UN Mission in Somalia (UNSOM) the client also supports the Federal Government of Somalia, including the Somali Police Force, Somali Explosive Management Authority and National Security Advisor.
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) supports and facilitates the work of United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), other UN partners, and Governments in some 18 countries and territories affected by explosive-hazards. The UNOPS PSC provides specialized project management services to efficiently support our client in delivering essential work on the ground in emergency, post-conflict and peace-keeping environments with the aim of promoting peace and security, protecting civilians and ensuring long lasting human security.
Under the supervision of the Head of Policy, the Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) IEDD will conduct programme level IED and explosive hazard analysis. S/he will be responsible for the following functions:
• Provide support to explosive hazard analysis though established analytical processes, including: identification of requirements, information acquisition, examination, collation, analysis, and dissemination.
• Research, analyze and present findings on measures to mitigate the flow of IED components and material through: accountability throughout the supply chain for dual-use components, traceability procedures, improving the regulation of explosive precursors, strengthening security for the transport and storage of explosives and of precursors, and enhancing the vetting procedures for personnel with access to explosives or to precursors useful to the manufacture of explosives.
• Maintain quality control and quality assurance of IED analysis, reports and technical information;
• Develop and maintain a tracking system to support the Head of Policy in following up on project pending issue and ensure IED work plans are kept updated;
• Liaise and collaborate with appropriate national, regional and international stakeholders to facilitate information sharing;
• Provide advise and analysis to staff on the collection and collation of technical information related to explosive hazards;
• Establish and maintain an image library of IED incidents in Somalia for use in technical analysis;
• Produce technical reports on IED components to include: switches, batteries, initiators and explosive main charges;
• Undertake technical assessments of recovered explosive components;
• Develop device profiles in order to establish distinct IED signatures, manufacturing techniques, locations or cells;
• Provide technical advice and review of analysis products related to explosive hazards;
• Provide technical advice on mitigation measures related to homemade explosives (HME), to include precursor and dual-use material;
• Continually assess means to effectively prevent and mitigate explosive hazards through the introduction of new technology, equipment, materials, and processes;
• Identify continuous improvements and lessons learned;
• Provide direct support to the clients projects in Somalia with advice, briefs, presentations and training on latest IED threats and best practices to prevent and mitigate the use of IEDs;
• Implement any other tasks requested by the Head of Policy.
The position will directly report to head of policy
Qualifications, Experience and Language Education • Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Political Sciences or any other field relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; • First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Political Sciences or other relevant field, with a minimum of 7 years of EOD/IEDD experience; OR • Secondary school or police or military with a minimum of 11 years of relevant experience is required. Work Experience • Relevant experience is defined as experience in EOD or IEDD ; • Experience in the field of Military/ Security/ Police/ or Defense intelligence is highly desired. Language • Fluency in English (spoken, written and reading) is required. Competencies Strategic Perspective – Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. Integrity & Inclusion – Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. Leading Self and Others – Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. Partnering – Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others. Results Orientation – Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries Agility – Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Solution Focused – Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Effective Communication – Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
How to apply:
In order to apply, please proceed with clicking on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a111o00000O3ybR
Source: NGO Job