Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 22 Aug 2019
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, clean water
How can you make a difference?
Justification/purpose of assignment:
- Analyze the data collected through the WASH market assessments conducted by clusterâ€™s partners in July/August 2019and the JMCNA report from REACH
- Write a final report based on the findings, including analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data collected.Â This include Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with beneficiaries, and key informant interviews from market actors (Water and Sanitation service providers, wholesaler, artisans etc).
- Prepare a workshop to present findings and build possible scenarios for market-based responses
- Support the design of a market monitoring tool based on the results of the market assessments.
- Provide recommendations on the limitations and possible upgrade of wash market data tool
- Power point presentation for participatory validation workshop with members of the MBTF in Somalia. It is also to be included as part of the evaluation in order to validate findings and come up with actionable recommendations.
- WASH Market Assessment preliminary findings snapshot
- WASH Market Assessment report
- Market Monitoring template
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
The candidate for the position will have a strong background in market-based programming, preferably operationalcashprogramming and extensive experience in evaluating large scale data, preferably in relation to the WASH sector. Experience in facilitating and conducting workshops will be definite advantage.
The applicant is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Significant and proven experience in market-based programming assignment and in using both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis; (to be provided within the CV);
- At least 3 years of experience in data processing and analysis and Information Management;
- At least 5 years of experience in Cash Based Intervention/Market Based Programming (CBI/MBP);
- At least 2 years of experience in WASH or Public Health in emergencies, preferably with an international NGO in a drought-affected context;
- Extensive professional experience in the design and implementation of outcome and impact evaluations;
- Good analytical and critical thinking;
- Proven experience of workshop design and facilitation;
- Good understanding of humanitarian work;
- Ability to work on tight schedules with minimal supervision;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
Core competencies – Communication (II), Working with people (I), Drive for results (I)
Functional Competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts (I), Analyzing (II), Applying technical expertise (II), Learning and researching (II), Planning and organizing (II)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=525583
Source: NGO Job